« Home | The First Step » | circumstance » | TV Turnoff Week » | world's gone crazy » | My Life with Monsters » | A response » | Onward into oblivion » | 32 years into it... » | useless bits » | All Families Are Psychotic » 

Wednesday, April 27, 2005 

Bits o' Memory

It's funny how you remember something sometimes. I have a clear memory of being sat on a judges lap and being asked who I wanted my Daddy to be. I never had however recollected what it was all about. Never until I was 26 that is. My cousin called to tell me one of my aunts missed me and wanted to see me. I was confused, what aunt? That wasn't an aunt I ever remembered meeting. My Dad's sister? Well, no that can't be because all but one of them live in Barbados. The aunt living in the area knows my number. So what aunt do you speak of? Well here's the story - when I was born my father (sperm donor only) decided he didn't want to grow up, so another gentleman caller stepped up to the plate and took full responsibility (well in this part of the story anyway) for me.

My court appearance was when my Father (#2) adopted me. I look a lot like my brother (father #2) expect for the skin tone difference but well that could be anything really. So yes, until I was 26 I thought another man was my sperm donor. Was I angry that I was never told? Not really. I kinda just wished I never knew. After all my Dad (#3 and step-father) raised me for the most part. It was apart of my Father's (#2) divorce agreement because he never wanted me to think he loved me any less. This was his one achievement of merit. I'm not really certain he was able to accomplish a kindness of such magnitude again.

So yeah these are the thoughts, I think without TV.